SI In the Spotlight
Certified System Integrator Partner
Founded at the turn of the century in 1999, Iritron has an enviable track record of successes in the arena of plant automation, simulation, optimisation and information systems. The company’s engineering expertise is extensive in these fields, focusing mainly on, but not limited to, mining and mineral processing and related industries, food and beverage as well as the water and wastewater industries.
Iritron has an in-depth understanding of the domains and cultures of its clients and can point to many successes proving their ability to manage projects efficiently while producing high quality results.
The company has six certified engineers with proven expertise in the implementation of Wonderware’s System Platform, InTouch (SCADA/HMI) and Historian solutions across multiple key South African resource companies and sites. These implementations provide those customers with a comprehensive, real-time and MES insight into the performance of their companies as well as improvement opportunities.
A chat with Alwyn Rautenbach – Managing Director
We asked Alwyn about Iritron, their relationship with Wonderware and their customers as well as his views on the current state of the industries they address. This is what he had to say:
- How did you get started in the business of industrial process control and industrial IT?
Iritron was founded by four individuals that were previously involved with a JSE-listed company providing similar services to the various industry sectors. We were and still are convinced that systems integration services are best serviced out of a private company where technological initiatives are not curbed by financial expectations that forms part of a listed company.
- What is the significance and importance of Wonderware certification to you?
Wonderware certification provides Iritron and our customers a common platform of understanding of what’s expected from both of us.
- Why did you choose Wonderware as a solution supplier?
We believe that the Wonderware suite of products provides us with an integrated range of products that we can use to supply our customers with a fit-for-purpose solution.
- How will certification improve your business?
Certification provides existing customers with the satisfaction that they have chosen a company that can provide them with the quality solutions that they require. With respect to prospective customers we believe that certification will provide them with the information and confidence that they can expect from a certified Wonderware solution supplier.
- What trends and challenges are you seeing in your industry?
People deal with people and that is a fact that we cannot change. The trend these days is that service level agreements are becoming more and more the way to go to market to secure future expansion and projects.
- How has Iritron grown and changed in the past year and where do you see yourself in the next year or two?
Our company has not changed much in the last year, however we have reached a level of maturity where we get more and more enquiries from potential customers that we have never contacted before and this will enable us to start expanding into other geographical areas locally, regionally as well as internationally. Because of all this interest, we find that we need to acquire more skills which we may not currently have. If that’s not positive, I don’t know what is. We endeavour to bring best practices to our customers and prospect customers that will make Iritron the first choice for all aspects of electrical engineering and design in the mining and other vertical industries.
In a nutshell…
Iritron prides itself in its ability to:
- Diversify in the electrical engineering arena: from medium voltage to low voltage electrical design and engineering
- Design and engineer instrumentation and control systems
- Implement systems that transform real-time data into information and ultimately into management decisions
They also offer:
- EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Contract and Project Management),
- EPC ((Engineering, Procurement, Construction),
- LSTK (Lump Sum Turn Key) For: Medium to low-voltage electrical, instrumentation and control systems design and engineering, systems integration through to information systems implementations and project management. The company will also take responsibility for panel manufacturing and construction.
BUT YOU, as a potential customer, should not forget these IMPORTANT ACCREDITATIONS which ensure continuity of excellence, no matter who’s involved in your future development:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- SABS 1973-1:2007
- SABS 1973-3:2008
Here’s a brief list of where Iritron has implemented Wonderware solutions and enabled customer success: