Wonderware News Headlines
Wonderware creates press releases when the company introduces products, contributes to solutions, wins awards and more. Below, you will find the press releases we have distributed over the past 24 months.
For older articles and press releases, please click here for the Wonderware News Archive
Latest News Headlines
- 2013-05-19 Invensys Operations Management Southern Africa appoints NIC Instruments and Engineering as distributor
Invensys Operations Management Southern Africa, a provider of technology systems, software solutions and consulting services to the manufacturing and infrastructure operations industries, today announced that it has awarded NIC Instruments and Engineering (Pty) Ltd. the distributorship for the Invensys Foxboro measurement and instrumentation range of products as well as the Invensys Eurotherm range of equipment and instrumentation. The distributorship is for the whole of South Africa with the exception of the Vaal Triangle which is covered by a different arrangement.
- Invensys Completes First Phase of MAC Contract for New Russian Refinery
- Invensys Operation Management Southern Africa gets ISO 9001 Certification
- Frost & Sullivan Award Affirms Invensys Operations Management’s Growth Leadership in South African ACS Market
Based on its recent analysis of the Automation and Control Solution (ACS) market in South Africa, Frost & Sullivan recognises Invensys Operations Management Southern Africa with the coveted 2012 South African Growth Leadership Award.
- Invensys Introduces New Quality Management Software
Wonderware MES 2012 with Quality increases efficiency, compliance and product safety
- Invensys Showcases Enhanced Systems, Information Analysis and Archiving Capabilities at Wonderware/Avantis User Group Meeting
ArchestrA System Platform 2012 improves security, data integrity and throughput
- New Modernisation Program from Invensys Improves Performance of Aging Plant Assets
Open technology links business and production processes to empower plant workers
- Invensys Operations Management Leads Global HMI Software and Services Market
- Invensys Signs Technology Agreement with Shell
- Operational excellence results drive winners of 2011 Invensys Operations Management OPEN
Contest recognises excellence in Asset, Control, People and Environment and Safety with South African System Integrator Bytes Systems Integration winning the award in the latter category.
- Invensys releases ArchestrA System Platform 2012 and Workflow 2012
New software releases feature improved process control, tighter integration of automation applications and a virtual computer infrastructure while empowering workforces to achieve operational excellence.
- Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2012
Gartner, Inc. today highlighted the top 10 technologies and trends that will be strategic for most organizations in 2012. The analysts presented their findings during Gartner Symposium/ITxpo, being held here through October 20.
- Invensys Operations Management Selected as Microsoft Industry Partner of the Year
Invensys Operations Management, a global provider of technology systems, software solutions and consulting services to the process and manufacturing industries, has been named Microsoft Global Enterprise Partner of the Year in the category Alliance ISV Industry.
- Wonderware’s parent company, Invensys Operations Management, now in South Africa
Invensys Operations Management, a division of Invensys, will be represented exclusively in sub-Saharan Africa by EOH, the region’s largest enterprise applications provider.
- Advansys achieves Endorsed System Integrator status
Through innovation and an unblemished track record of delivering successful industrial automation solutions to leading companies, South African system integrator Advansys has achieved Wonderware’s Endorsed SI status which is the company’s top recognition of implementation excellence.
- New ArchestrA Workflow software helps synchronise the enterprise
New ArchestrA Workflow Software from Invensys embeds collaboration capabilities for industrial operations by synchronising human and system activity across business and production applications to drive operational excellence.
- 2010-12-15 - Phila the Rhino
- 2010-11-26 - SAB manages the big picture with help from Wonderware
South African Breweries Limited is a vast, geographically-distributed network of breweries involved with complex production processes that have to satisfy the demands of millions of discerning customers in real-time. While this may sound challenging enough for the management of a single brewery, coordinating the efforts of seven manufacturing regions so as to provide an in-depth, unified and comprehensive view of KPIs was best done with help from an application known as Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence or EMI.
- 2010-10-26 - Free training initiative to help close the engineering gap in industrial automation
Wonderware Southern Africa, a member of the EOH group, has announced a new initiative that will provide free training to aspiring engineers who wish to pursue a career in industrial automation in the mining and manufacturing industries.
- 2010-06-04 - Availability of CEM application
Rapidly rising energy costs have become a top priority with most industrial consumers and Wonderware’s CEM Application is designed to not only monitor energy usage of all types but to put it into the context of production processes and even job costing.
- 2010-06-18 - Release of IntelaTrac 4.0
Version 4.0 of the Wonderware IntelaTrac Mobile Workforce solution is now available and includes advanced capabilities for bidirectional communications with the mobile workforce so as to plug the gaps with non-instrumented areas of the plant and to enhance the effectiveness of operators through improved guidance and instructions.
- 2010-05-31 - WWSA wins best EURA Distributor award
Thanks to consistent market education, a great deal of persistent effort on all fronts and Wonderware Southern Africa’s loyal customers latching onto the leading solutions in the industry, the company has won the “Best EURA (Europe, Russia and Africa) Distributor of the Year” award for 2010 from Invensys.
- 2010-05-12 - Election of 2010 UGC
The Wonderware Southern Africa User Group Committee (UGC) represents the largest faction of industrial automation and MES users in the region for the mining and manufacturing industries and the election of its members by end-users largely reflects the wide range of expertise required for the job.
- 2010-05-10 - Invensys Operations Management Acquires Skelta Software
Invensys extends open platform to deliver new workflow and collaboration applications
- 10 out of 10 for Wonderware Historian
There's not much point talking about the virtues of MES, EMI or enterprise integration if there's a weak link in the information supply chain. "Shop floor IT" is the first link at one end of that chain and its duty is to collect, collate and disseminate information about production processes and products to its own environment and the rest of the organisation.
- 2010-04-30 - Historian's demise greatly exaggerated
Today, manufacturers in all industries must be more competitive, and understand
exactly how to tune and control their manufacturing processes in an optimal
manner to stay competitive. Automation software today is sophisticated and gives
operations personnel the visibility of the plant state in real time, enabling
them to make changes and tune process parameters to achieve the optimal state,
regardless of end product. The plant may be making bread, gasoline or
pharmaceuticals, and without the constant control and feedback from their
process systems, operators can seldom produce optimal output. However, real-time
control is not the only control that enables optimal production. Analysis of
previous production statistics allows engineers to learn what went right or
wrong about a previous production run. Knowing how a change in one variable
parameter can affect the yield of a process is highly valuable information.
Typically, it takes multiple production runs before one is deemed perfect enough
to be a role model for future production – often termed a ‘golden batch’ run.
- 2010-04-30 - Release of System Platform 4.0
Invensys Operations Management, a global provider of technology systems, software solutions and consulting services to the process and manufacturing industries, has announced new customer-driven functionality with the release of its Wonderware® System Platform 4.0 software.
- 2010-03-30 - SA companies win EURA 09 awards
Two South African companies and two system integrators win Wonderware Open EURA 2009 awards in the Best EMI and Best HMI / SCADA categories.
- 2010-03-05 - Why Wonderware MES wins awards
When Wonderware Southern Africa won Frost and Sullivan’s 2009 South African Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market Leadership award, it was for reasons that went beyond product excellence. Potential customers can be overwhelmed by the scope, complexity and cost of an MES project. So the answer is to address these issues head-on.
- X-CHANGE 2010 report-back
From the 14th to 17th March 2010, Sun City was host to Wonderware Southern Africa’s 18th annual User Conference as well as over three hundred industry professionals from across Southern Africa and Europe. X-CHANGE has a justly-earned reputation as the largest and longest-running conference of its type in the world and X-CHANGE 2010 was no exception.
- 2010-01-30 - Invensys releases Wonderware Enterprise Integrator 3.5
New release eliminates high-maintenance point-to-point integration scenarios
- 2010-01-08 - Invensys Announces Wonderware Intelligence 1.0
Wonderware’s new Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI) solution features best-in-class data analysis, presentation and reporting with HMI-like ease of use.
- 2010-01-08 - Invensys introduces Corporate Energy
Out-of-the-box application provides new visibility to help achieve enterprise-wide energy efficiency
- 2009-12-31 - F&S Market Leadership Award
Wonderware Southern Africa has won the 2009 Frost &
Sullivan Market Leadership Award for the South African manufacturing execution
systems (MES) market
- 2009-11-30 - ArcelorMittal end line inspection
The reliable delivery of energy to the world’s industries is no trivial matter and leaves no room for error. Part of ArcelorMittal’s Tubular Products division is responsible for the manufacture and supply of seamless Line and OCTG (Oil Country Tubular Goods) pipes to oil, gas and engineering companies worldwide. To remain a player in this global marketplace, ArcelorMittal’s Vereeniging Tubular Products plant had 12 weeks to upgrade its production facilities to qualify for new quality criteria from the American Petroleum Institute (API).
- 2009-09-04 - Lonmin - Plant information into the o
The bidirectional flow of information between business IT and manufacturing IT is critical to real-time decision-making at all levels but presents its own set of problems regarding security. The owners of these networks are naturally weary of providing access to information and functionality which could prove dangerous in the wrong hands.
- 2009-08-30 - Improving productivity – there’s always a better way
Predictable rate of production or lead-time is one of the key requirements for meeting customer expectations and retaining their loyalty. But that’s easier said than done. The smooth running of production processes is dependent on a myriad variables ranging from supplier reliability to plant availability. But exactly how does one get the most from plant assets that are directly responsible, in more ways than one, for the health of the company’s bottom line?
- 2009-07-30 - Transnet Saldanha route optimisation
The on-going expansion of Transnet’s bulk iron ore terminal at Saldanha Bay has meant that the routing of vast quantities of material from the rail receiving stations to the shipping points had become a logistical nightmare that was expanding exponentially and prone to expensive errors. It was time for a change.
- 2009-06-03 - New releases from Wonderware feature SCADA, scalability and user productivity enhancements
Wonderware, a business unit of Invensys, has announced the release of Wonderware System Platform 3.1 and InTouch 10.1, featuring distributed SCADA, scalability and user productivity enhancements to the Wonderware core software platform and flagship visualisation HMI offerings.
- 2009-06-03 - Wonderware launches an industry application for facilities management
The Wonderware industry application for facilities management provides a common SCADA system for collecting and processing building automation information from large distributed campuses or many buildings under central supervision.
- 2009-06-03 - Wonderware releases InBatch 9.0 to simplify complex batch operations across existing systems
Wonderware, a business unit of Invensys, has announced the release of InBatch 9.0, an enhanced, flexible and scalable batch management solution.
- 2009-06-03 - Wonderware releases industry application for packaging
Wonderware’s underlying system platform, SCADA and MES infrastructure based on ArchestrA technology allows for the rapid development and deployment of industry-specific applications that directly address the fundamental business and operational needs of these industries from a robust, customisable and scalable environment.
- 2009-06-03 - Wonderware’s new ArchestrA Object Toolkit accelerates solution creation
Wonderware, a business unit of Invensys, has released the new ArchestrA Object Toolkit 3.1 to enable Wonderware’s diverse network of ecosystem partners to extend the ArchestrA software architecture and rapidly develop innovative application objects that provide specific industry domain or device integration functionality.
- 2009-06-02 - ARC Advisory Group and MDT Software
ARC Advisory Group features MDT Software in a solution guide revealing the importance of configuration management in automation systems
- 2009-06-02 - Enabling intelligent operations at a gold mine
The deployment of plant and technology at remote sites in Africa is prone to logistics complications, delivery delays and support problems yet, AngloGold Ashanti’s Geita Gold Mine in Tanzania is becoming a model of productivity in spite of these challenges.
- 2009-05-08 - A friend in need is a friend indeed
This is not the time for fair-weather friends. The only way we’re going to get through the current economic upheaval is to stick together, coordinate resources and have everyone pull their weight. Cooperation, logic and ingenuity are powerful tools that will help get us out of the present situation
- 2009-05-08 - A refreshing look at business for Coca-Cola Fortune
Whatever its financial position, the world can still enjoy a Coke and the company responsible for more than 20% of South Africa’s enjoyment of Coca-Cola and hundreds of other refreshing products is Coca-Cola Fortune (CCF), part of the Coca-Cola SABCO (CCS) group. With an annual production of 7,5 million hectolitres across 344 products and 14 production lines, Coca-Cola SABCO looked to a Manufacturing Enterprise Solution (MES) system from Wonderware to manage complexity, improve efficiency and reduce costs at its Bloemfontein facility.
- 2009-05-08 - An economic downturn %u2013 just the chance you've been waiting for
You know the old adage – “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.” Sounds good but have you ever tried it - in your work environment? You probably got funny looks from your colleagues and a flat “NO” from purse string management – that’s because what you wanted to do “today” was improve things for tomorrow and that’s somewhat frowned on in the hurly-burly world of meeting production quotas.
- 2009-05-08 - Quick and easy reporting on plant assets for everyone
Wonderware releases new HMI Reports product to meet demand for quick and easy reporting on plant assets
- 2009-02-06 - Christian Hansen chooses Wonderware for MES project
A major Culture IT and Automation programme (CIA) that will prepare Chr. Hansen’s culture production for the future is about to begin….
- 2009-01-30 - Wonderware announces new Performance Software release as an integral part of its MES and Supervisory Platform offering
Wonderware, a business unit of Invensys, has announced the release of Performance Software 3.5, the newest evolution of its equipment downtime and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) software and an integrated module of the Wonderware comprehensive MES and supervisory software solution.
- 2009-01-30 - Wonderware certified for sixth consecutive year for prestigious Service Capability & Performance Standards
Wonderware, a business unit of Invensys, has announced that its customer support and services group has again achieved the prestigious Service Strategies' Service Capability & Performance (SCP) Standards certification for a sixth consecutive year.
- 2009 Summer Breakfast Road Show